Your girl got a food processor for her birthday – a beautiful, new, shiny food processor – and you are entirely accurate in thinking, “but Reed, your birthday was in early June…” Correct. It was. And this glorious machine has gone un-used since then (face palm) due to the fact that there have been just a few small things that have happened in the last month and a half of my life 😉
Here’s the amazing news… that’s a full 2 months that I have been staring at this puppy and thinking of all the recipes I can’t wait to make in it! So recipe #1 in the KitchenAid was these delightful energy balls. As always, I made the recipe nice and simple for you with only 5 ingredients: 5 pure and clean ingredients that make these balls oh so tasty! My last recipe for Coconut Curry Chicken Salad had only 5 ingredients as well… I sense a trend here. You’re basically going to have to take up a new hobby because you’ll have so much extra free time after whipping up these easy recipes. Let’s dive in!
5-Ingredient Carrot Cake Energy Balls
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (save 1/2 cup for crushing up and rolling the balls in)
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup oats
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Put the carrots through the food processor first and slowly add the rest of the ingredients until it is all thoroughly combined into a dough-like consistency.
- Crush up the remaining 1/2 cup of cashews.
- Make balls with the food-processor concoction and roll in crushed cashews.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Here’s my review of how stinkin’ delicious these balls are…
2 thoughts on “5-Ingredient Carrot Cake Energy Balls”
Just made them. Easy and good!
Woohoo! So glad to hear you liked them 🙂
Comments are closed.