I’ve had a recent obsession with my slow cooker… well… I guess if 6 months counts as recent 😉 It is one of the easiest and tastiest ways that I have found to meal prep meat for the week ahead, so I put it to use pretty much every weekend! This recipe spawned out of my desire to switch it up from my Buffalo and Balsamic Slow Cooker Chicken recipes (which are delish, by the way). I was in the mood for an Asian infusion in my weekly meal-prepping routine, so this Coconut Curry Chicken Salad recipe was born!
This recipe is made in the slow cooker for moist, shredded chicken, but served cold, which is so perfect for these warm, summer months. There is nothing quite as delightful as a crisp bed of greens, topped with a heaping pile of this chicken salad and some fresh red grapes. Heck, this could even be the perfect little switch-up to your traditional pasta salad, if you are bringing a dish to share to a 4th of July celebration. Get those relatives and friends to step out of their culinary comfort zone 😉
Quite possibly the most delightful thing about this recipe is how simple it is! Once you’ve made the chicken in the slow cooker, you simply add raisins and chopped onion and store in the fridge. The best thing about curry is that the longer it sits, the more the flavors marinate, so it tastes even better on the second and third day… winning.
5-Ingredient Coconut Curry Chicken Salad (Paleo, Whole30 Compliant, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free)
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- Dash of salt (salt is a freebie ingredient in Reed’s world of cooking)
- Place thawed chicken breasts in the slow cooker and pour mixture of curry powder, coconut milk and salt over the top.
- Slow cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and let cook for an additional 30 minutes on high heat so the shredded chicken soaks up all the sauce.
- Once cool, add raisins and chopped onion.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve cold.