Try saying the name of this recipe 10 times fast. Challenging, huh? Well good news… actually making this recipe isn’t too challenging 😉
These are the perfect healthy bites for your New Year’s Eve celebration or any holiday entertaining you have planned. Buffalo flavor is always a crowd pleaser, and with new year’s resolutions upon us, I don’t think anyone will mind that these aren’t smothered in cheese. They taste incredible with no grains OR dairy. Booyah. Just did a massive makeover to your traditional stuffed pepper recipe!
In fact, you can make this same recipe with full size bell peppers. Just up your baking time to 20 minutes. But let’s be real, little things are cute and you can’t call them pepper poppers if they’re full size. Time to get things poppin’ in the kitchen!
Buffalo Turkey Pepper Poppers
- 20 mini bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 5 Tbsp buffalo sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the tops, remove the seeds and halve your mini peppers lengthwise.
- Place mini peppers open-face up on a greased cookie sheet.
- Sauté the diced onion, cauliflower rice and ground turkey until golden brown.
- Add the buffalo sauce and pepper to your golden brown mixture and sauté for 2 more minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Stuff the mini peppers.
- Bake uncovered for 12 minutes.