Easter is fast approaching, which means treats galore. Rather than thinking about all the candy and chocolate you will have to avoid, flip your perspective and think about some things you can ADD into your snacks and meals that will help to stave off strong cravings for chocolatey bunny ears.
These energy balls are the perfect snack or small dessert when you desire something sweet, with a healthier nutrition profile than a Cadbury egg. Packed with almond butter, rolled oats, protein powder and unsweetened cocoa nibs, they satisfy a sweet tooth in the most delightful way, while keeping you fuller longer than flower-shaped gummy candies. Think of them as little tasty nuggets of good fats, fiber and protein that happen to taste great as well!
All you moms out there, I challenge you to see if you can give your kiddos a basket full of energy balls rather than candy. Let us know how that goes! The rest of us will be over here snacking on these little delights in the mean time 😉
Choco Oatmeal Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa nibs
- Mix the almond butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add in the oats, protein powder and cocoa nibs.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into golf-ball sized balls.
- Gee that was easy 😉 Don’t forget to store in the refrigerator.