Confession… I ate this nearly every day this week. Coconut aminos are life. Currently taking a momentary hiatus from asian stir fry, but given how good this is, I’m sure I’ll be back on the bandwagon in a few days 😉
Per my previous comment, you can probably tell that coconut aminos have become my latest obsession. I shockingly had never cooked with them before last weekend, and am appalled as to how I’ve survived without them for so long. The stuff is often used as a soy sauce replacement in recipes because it is soy and gluten-free (and quite frankly I think it tastes way better). Long story short, this brown sauce is delightful and it didn’t take much doctoring up to let it’s flavor shine in the recipe below!
And here’s some even better news… this recipe is so quick to make. I actually made this after getting home from an evening workout, around 8pm, when I usually revert to making a protein shake because I’m too lazy to cook anything on the stove. I had a bag of broccoli florets that were screaming at me to be eaten and had meal-prepped some ground beef the day before, so voila, the following recipe was born! And per usual, I kept it to only six ingredients 🙂
Ginger Garlic Beef & Broccoli
*Makes 2 servings
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil (I used olive oil, but sesame oil would give the best asian flavor)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ginger (I used fresh grated, but you could use powdered as well)
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- Sauté the ground beef in a pan until thoroughly cooked, then set aside.
- Over medium heat, brown the minced garlic in your cooking oil (should only take a couple minutes).
- Add the broccoli florets and ginger to the heated pan and sauté until the broccoli is cooked and bright green.
- Add the coconut aminos and sauté for an additional 2 minutes to meld the flavors.
- Dump the cooked ground beef into your pan full of broccoli and leave on the heat for just one more minute.
2 thoughts on “Ginger Garlic Beef & Broccoli”
I use Trader Joe’s Organic Coconut Aminos. Great price too
Oooh I’ll have to give those a try 🙂
Comments are closed.