Fun fact of the day… did you know that brussels sprout is spelled with an “s” at the end of “brussel”?! You did?! Ok, well I guess I was living in the dark then, because I just found this out in the last year, and my whole world was rocked. Who knew I had been saying it wrong ALL ALONG! If this is new news to you too, then I’m glad we’re in the same boat. Welcome to the “hey, I know a lot about food, but didn’t say ‘brussels sprout’ right for over 2 decades” club!
Anyway, now that we have that straightened out, let’s get on to talking about this amazing egg scramble. Fresh herbs do wonders for basically any recipe and I have been loving thyme recently. The way the flavor of the thyme melded with the goat cheese and the caramelized onions was simply incredible. I have such a thing for sautéed veggies and eggs, so this seriously took things to the next level. This is brunch worthy business here.
Herb & Brussels Sprout Egg Scramble with Goat Cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shaved brussels sprouts
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Pour a tablespoon of your preferred cooking oil in a pan and brown the minced garlic.
- Add the chopped onion and brussels sprouts and sauté until golden brown.
- Whisk 3 eggs in a bowl with the fresh thyme and salt, then add to your veggie mixture.
- Scramble eggs and veggies over medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
- Top with goat cheese while warm, for a melty delight that you won’t be able to resist 🙂
- Garnish with more fresh thyme.