Ever go to the grocery store, come home and then realize you did a terrible job of stocking up on snacks?? Aka one of the most essential components of life. That happened to me this weekend (*insert dramatic sigh*), but you know the best things come out of the most challenging times 😉 These mexican mocha protein balls were concocted, knowing that I was definitely going to need some snacks this week and I definitely wanted something delicious.
The pairing of spices and chocolate has always been a favorite of mine, so naturally I used that to inspire these tasty balls, that also happen to deliver a delightful dose of protein. Win win!! I’ve loved having these not just for snacks, but also for a quick breakfast in the morning. Just grab a couple on your way out the door! The spicy kick in them will wake you up and the chocolatey taste certainly won’t disappoint. Not to mention, the perfect blend of carbs, fat and protein in them will keep you full all morning long. They’re basically little balls of gold… that just happen to be brown. Time to get rolling!
Mexican Mocha Protein Balls
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa nibs
- Mix the peanut butter, honey and all powdered ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oats and cocoa nibs.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients until you have one giant ball of goodness.
- Roll into golf-ball sized balls.
- Remember to store in the refrigerator!