This recipe exists today because…
1. I was craving a peanut butter cup on the day that I made this.
2. Y’all requested some chocolatey recipes that were healthy, yet tasted indulgent.
3. It’s almost Valentine’s Day and nothing screams chocolate like the month of love… maybe I chose to make that association because I love chocolate. Like REALLY love chocolate.
Ingredients For a Perfectly Chocolatey Loaf of PB Cup Banana Bread
This recipe is super simple and most importantly, incredibly delicious (biased opinion) 😉 Better yet, this recipe is so healthy that you could even eat this PB Cup Banana Bread for breakfast… at least I have any way! I added some protein powder to the batter which gives it this delicious cake-like texture AND of course adds satiating protein to your morning and mid-day slice. Here is the vanilla whey isolate that I have been loving recently!
Here are some other key ingredients that will take this recipe to a whole new, chocolatey level! Check out Rodelle, my go-to brand for all things baking, and this recipe calls for two special ingredients from them!
- Rodelle Baking Cocoa – The first product I ever tried from Rodelle that got me instantly hooked on their incredible baking ingredients!
- Rodelle Chocolate Extract – This stuff shows vanilla extract who’s boss. That’s coming from someone who is very partial to chocolate 😉
Honestly, who doesn’t want the taste of a peanut butter cup in the morning, or for lunch, or for a snack or for dinner?! If you want to make this recipe more dessert-like you could add chocolate chips to the batter in addition to the chocolate placed on top for a pretty aesthetic, cause duh. We eat with our eyes first. So make sure to swirl that peanut butter just right!
Celebrate your two favorite foods, peanut butter and chocolate, with the people you love. No one will be disappointed! If you really want to step up your game, serve this PB Cup Banana Bread warm, drizzled with extra peanut butter and sprinkled with a few extra chocolate chips, maybe with a big loving hug on the side!
With 12 grams of protein per slice and no added sugar (other than a few dark chocolate squares ;)) this PB Cup Banana Bread makes for the perfect healthy snack or breakfast!
- 2 cups oats
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp Rodelle cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Rodelle chocolate extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- A few squares of dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend the 2 cups of oats into an oat flour.
Add the bananas, protein powder, cocoa powder, chocolate extract, baking soda and eggs to the blender and blend.
Spray a loaf pan and pour the batter in.
Drizzle the batter with the peanut butter and swirl, then place the dark chocolate squares on top.
Bake for 30 minutes.
228 cals ~ 8g fat ~ 27g carb ~ 12g protein
Loving this simple PB Cup Banana Bread recipe and want another variation?! Check out this PB & J Banana Bread Recipe! Clearly I have a thing for peanut butter 😉