Happy Easter eryyybody! What a blessed day to celebrate that He is risen and eat chocolate like it’s going out of style. Oh wait, back up on that last piece. That will just leave you feeling crummy tomorrow, so enjoy some tasty treats today, but all in moderation 🙂 For all y’all out there who can’t get enough of those Reese’s eggs, here is a chocolate peanut butter delight that will make your taste buds smile and won’t leave you with a sugar hangover tomorrow.
These are full of such clean ingredients that I even just ate one with my coffee, at 5 in the morning. See… wouldn’t be as acceptable if I was eating Reese’s candy at the crack of dawn, but with the great ingredients, good fats and protein found in these little balls, you can justify them any time of day 😉 And did I mention that these are crazy easy to make?! You will have to get your hands a little dirty, but no one ever complained about licking chocolate and PB off their fingers, so yet another win for this recipe.
And most importantly, these are seriously so delicious that they might put Hershey’s out of business. No need to sacrifice taste for health, when you can have both. Time to get protein truffling!
Reese’s Inspired Protein Truffles
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate plant protein (of your choice)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mix the peanut butter, half of the protein powder and almond flour until thoroughly combined (you will end up with a really thick PB).
- Add the rest of the protein powder and the hemp seeds and mix until you have a doughy ball (don’t be afraid to get your hands in there).
- Roll into large marble size balls.
- Pour the unsweetened cocoa powder into a separate bowl and roll your truffles in the cocoa.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy! (Don’t forget to store in the freezer)