Honestly the name of this recipe says it all – A Mango Salsa Recipe to Make Your Mouth Water. And that’s exactly what it will do. Simple recipes are the name of my game so if you want to be impressed by your own cooking skills then this, my friends, is a recipe for you!
If you’ve ever had mango salsa out of a jar from the grocery store you know it’s good. If you’ve ever had fresh mango salsa you know it’s mind-blowing. This recipe will empower you to make the sort of salsa that puts your jaw on the floor. Because it’s just. that. good. All crafted with only 5 ingredients!
What Makes This Recipe So Healthy
You want to know the greatest myth in the whole universe? Only unhealthy foods taste good. We all have a relative or friend that subscribes to this mantra and if you are who I think you are, you’ve likely tried to change it time and time again. You make a healthy recipe and don’t tell them what you put in it, waiting for their gleeful reaction to pipe back, “It’s made with chickpeas!” You sneak veggies into dishes, hoping they won’t notice. And you do everything in your power to convince them that healthy things CAN taste good.
Well here’s another tactic to try – whip up a batch of this mango salsa. What makes this mango salsa recipe so healthy is the array of fresh ingredients and lack of any sugary or unnatural additions. It’s made with 5 simple ingredients, all found in the produce section.
What Goes Well With Mango Salsa
This mango salsa is fresh with the perfect amount of zing, making it ideal for enjoying with tortilla chips, on top of fresh-cooked fish, or honestly, eaten straight out of the bowl 🙂 I made this recipe and found myself eating more of it with a spoon than actually paired with anything. Fancy that.
In all seriousness, here are a few ideas for ways to use a fresh bowl of mango salsa:
- Paired with tortilla chips – it’s an obvious classic, but nonetheless I had to mention it
- On a homemade burrito bowl or taco salad
- Atop a fillet of fish – better yet, make it fish tacos
- As a garnish for cooked chicken breast
- Make a simple quinoa salad by combining 2 cups cooled, cooked quinoa with a bowl of this mango salsa – and then once you’re on a quinoa kick, try my High Protein Taco Chili Bean Salad Recipe
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Simple Mango Salsa
This recipe is next-level simple, as I like to always promise you with my recipes. The only work you have to do in order to make this mango salsa recipe come to life, is simply chop up the ingredients and mix them together. Boom. Done.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Mango – make sure this is fresh mango rather than frozen
- Red onion
- Lime – ideally this is freshly squeezed lime juice, but if you only have bottled lime juice on hand that works as well
- Jalapeño – it is critical that I remind you to seed your jalapeño before chopping it 😉
This mango salsa recipe is not only incredibly delicious, but also stunningly simple to make! Pair with tortilla chips, fresh-cooked fish, or simply eat it straight out of the bowl.
- 1 fresh cubed mango (~1.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped jalapeño (seeded)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
PER SERVING (1/3 cup)
35 cals ~ 0g fat ~ 8g carb ~ 0g protein ~ 1g fiber ~ 10g sugar (naturally occurring) ~ 0g added sugar
Another Recipe Packed With Veggies, Offering A Kick
If you are seeking another simple recipe that is loaded with micronutrients (from tons of tasty vegetables), packed with vegan protein AND offering a punch from chili powder, you’ll love this High Protein Taco Chili Bean Salad Recipe!