To anyone who ever tells you that they are sick of eating dry, flavorless chicken to achieve their health goals, send them this recipe. It’s time to reinvigorate the boring chicken breast!
And guess what, they don’t even have to have mad cooking skills to make this a great success – just a little buffalo sauce and about 5 minutes of prep time. The beautiful thing about slow cookers is that you don’t have to tend to your food while it’s cooking. It just takes care of business while you go about your day and suddenly… boom, you have tasty treats for dinner.
This tastes so darn incredible that I could eat a bowl of just this shredded chicken, but I crafted a delicious meal by smothering roasted sweet potatoes with a pile of this buffalo chicken and topping with fresh cherry tomatoes and cilantro. Oh my YUM. Highly recommend.
There also happens to be a big game occuring this weekend 😉 Bring this to a party with tortilla chips (better yet, bring sweet potato chips) and I can promise you there will be lots of happy taste buds!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- 3 medium chicken breasts (or 2 large)
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s)
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a small bowl mix together the buffalo sauce, melted coconut oil, garlic and chopped onion.
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and pour the saucy goodness over the top.
- Slow cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and let cook for an additional 30 minutes on high heat so the shredded chicken soaks up all the sauce.