I’ve recently been on a mad kick with shredded chicken made in the crockpot. It’s just so JUICY. It all started with the Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken and I don’t foresee this kick stopping any time soon. I’ve come to the conclusion that slow-cooker meat is the easiest and tastiest way to make sure I get lots of quality protein throughout my week. Feel free to jump on this bandwagon with me. Your taste buds won’t be disappointed.
If you really want to throw a party for your taste buds, try serving a big pile of this shredded chicken atop a bed of spinach with green apple, goat cheese and roasted beets. The crisp greens and apple bring a fresh flavor that complements the savory meat perfectly, and then you get a nibble of creamy goat cheese and your heart is won.
I also made this meal-prepped meat work for breakfast by pairing it with an onion and brussel sprout, eggy scramble. Talk about a great way to start the day 😉
So grab that crockpot, it’s time to get cooking!
Slow Cooker Shredded Balsamic Chicken
- 2 large or 3 medium chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients but the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and slather them in balsamic goodness.
- Slow cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and let cook for an additional 30 minutes on high heat so the shredded chicken soaks up all the sauce.