This year, the office white elephant holiday party panned out really well for me. I walked away with a Veggetti Veggie Spiralizer. Naturally, this got my mind brewing on all the new things I could try with it. So I guess I can thank my coworker for bringing a veggie spiralizer to the holiday party because it led me to bring this very salad recipe to you!
This all happened just before I began the new routine of taking apple cider vinegar shots in the morning. I embarked on this regimen to boost my body’s immunity and detoxification. Basically, my white elephant gift and flu-fighting efforts had a baby and her name is Sweet & Sassy Spiralized Salad. Gee, isn’t she cute 😉
This lil cutie can even be made into a full meal by tossing over a bed of greens and topping with chicken. I seasoned my chicken with lemon pepper when I tried this and the flavors were so delightfully complementary. Great news for you too… I actually found that this salad tasted even better on the second day, after all the flavors had melded together. Gotta love life’s little surprises 🙂
It’s time to get spiralizing, my friends!
Sweet & Sassy Spiralized Salad
- 3 large spiralized carrots
- 2 large apples julienned
- 1 cup of bell peppers julienned (I used the baby bells for some color variety)
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Spiralize your carrots.
- Julienne your apples and bell peppers (aka make short, thin slices).
- Mix your apples, carrots and bell peppers in a large bowl.
- In a mason jar or small tupperware mix all liquid ingredients and shake until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the dressing evenly across your salad and toss.